very happy and excited:
- He was on cloud nine when Rebecca was born.
- To promote to General Manager put me on cloud nine.
Have a whale of a time
to enjoy yourself very much; to have a fun time:
- We were having a whale of a time, dancing and drinking.
- Everyone had a whale of a time at the party.
Make someone's day
to make someone feel very happy.
- Her smile made my day.
- Jessica makes my day when she sends me a postcard.
Walk on air
to feel extremely happy:
After he won the race, he was walking on air.
I felt that I was walking on air when I heard the news.
very amused or pleased about something:
- I was tickled pink to see her picture.
- The kids were tickled pink when they were taken to the park.
On top of the world
extremely happy or proud:
- When I heard his good news I felt on top of the world.
- He sent me flowers! I'm sitting on top of the world.
Over the moon
very happy or pleased about something:
- He is over the moon about/with his new car.
- Emma was over the moon about becoming an aunt.
In seventh heaven
- She was in seventh heaven when they praised her cooking.
- He's been in seventh heaven since she agreed to marry him.