Phrasal verbs related to Family
Get along with someoneThe phrasal verb get along means ‘to have a good relationship with someone.
- You must get along with your brother.
Take after someone“Take after someone” means ‘to look or behave like an older member of your family’.
- Generous! She takes after her mother.
- In looks, he takes after his father.
Look up to someoneThe phrasal verb “look up to” means ‘to admire or respect someone’.
- I’ve always looked up to my uncle.
Bring someone up
To bring someone up means ‘to care for a child, to raise a child’.
- She was brought up by her grandparents.
- Susan brought up three children on her own.
Post a Comment