Here is a list of phrasal verbs that start with I
Identify with1. to feel that you understand the feeling and ideas of someone else:
- I didn't identify with the characters in the story.
- Some people identify material wealth with happiness.
- He has always been identified closely with the peace movement.
- He is trying to improve on last performance.
Inform on/againstto give information to the police or another authority about someone:
- His neighbours informed on him.
Ink in(S) to use ink to complete something drawn in pencil:
- I carefully inked in the lines.
Insist on/uponto continue to do something, especially something that annoys other people:
- He insisted on talking to me.
Interest into try to persuade someone to buy or take something:
- Could I interest you in a cup of coffee, Sir?
Interfere withto slow down a process or activity:
- The noise outside was interfering with my concentration.
Invest withto give some power or authority to someone:
- They were invested with the authority to audit the company books.
Invite in/Invite over(S) to ask someone to come into your home:
- They invited me in for coffee.
Iron out(S) to solve or remove difficulties or problems:
- They need to iron out differences.
Issue fromIf something issues from a place, it comes out or flows out of it:
- The smells issued from the kitchen.