Phrasal verbs with 'Hand'
Here is a list of phrasal verbs with 'hand'.
(S) to return something to the person who lent it to you:
- He handed me my book back.
Hand down1. (S) to give or teach something to someone who is younger than you and will live after you:
- My grandfather handed down the gold watch to my father.
- These techniques have been handed down from generation to generation.
- The verdict was handed down this afternoon.
Hand in(S) to give something to a person in a position or authority:
- You must hand in your essay by Friday.
- The family farm will be handed on to his son.
Hand out(S) to give something to a group of people:
- The books will be handed out for free.
Hand over(S) to give someone control or responsibility for something:
- The robbers were handed over to the police.
Hand round/hand around(S) to pass something to each person in a group:
- She handed the chocolates around.