Days of the Week
A week is a period of seven days. In Britain, the week begins on Monday and ends on Sunday. In the USA, the week begins on Sunday and ends on Saturday.
Days of the week (seven days)
The days of the week are always capitalized.
A weekday is any day of the week except Saturday and Sunday.
A weekend is Saturday and Sunday.
Examples of the days of the week:
- What day of the week is it?
- We will meet at five on Monday.
- I saw her last Tuesday.
- I'll see you next week.
- The shop is open on weekdays.
- The bank is closed at the weekend. (British English)
- The bank is closed on the weekend. (American English)
Units of time
Post a Comment