Talking about the weather in English
- How's the weather?
- What's the weather like?
- It's rainy.
- It's raining.
- It started to rain.
- It's pouring with rain.
- It looks like rain.
- The rain pours down.
- It's snowy.
- It's snowing.
- It started to snow.
- The snow began to fall.
Adjectives used with rain and snow
- It is stormy.
- The storm broke [=started suddenly].
- A storm is brewing [=seems likely to start soon].
- It's sunny.
- The sun is shining.
- The sun comes out [=appears in the sky].
- It's windy.
- There's a light/strong wind blowing.
- The wind is picking up [=getting stronger].
- The wind has dropped [=became less strong].
- It's cloudy.
- There's not a cloud in the sky.
- It's foggy.
- The fog has lifted [=disapeared].
The Weather Vocabulary