Synonyms for useful
Here is the list of synonyms for 'useful' with definitions and example sentences
giving someone advantage; likely to make someone more successful than other people
- The changes in tax rates will be advantageous to everyone.
- I found it advantageous to use new system.
formal. helpful or producing a positive effect on someone or something
- Swimming is beneficial to our health.
- The beneficial effects of red wine.
achieving the result that you intend
- Classroom discussion is one of the effective teaching methods.
- Cold compress is an effective way to soothe toothache.
- It was a highly effective advertising campaign.
American English. favorable
likely to make something better or easier
- Conditions are very favourable for playing golf today.
formal. producing a desired result
- After fruitful discussion, they agreed to our proposal.
- The experiments have proved very fruitful.
having a great effect on someone or something
- He made an impactful speech.
- I always use impactful images on my blog.
Usefulable to be used to do or achieve something
- a useful app
- a useful source of information
- These herbs are useful for home garden.
- The book provides useful information on medicine.
convenient; easy to use
- a handy tool/gadget
- Handy tips for gardening
able to do something well or achieving a lot without wasting time, expense or energy
- the efficient use of time
- energy-efficient heating system
- This is the most efficient method of growing beans.
very useful, helpful or important
- The doctor gave us valuable advice on healthy eating.
- Meat is a valuable source of protein.
giving help in making something better or easier
- He gave me helpful tips on buying a used car.
- It’s helpful to practice on old exams before an exam.
ready for use or having an effect
- The new rules will become operative next month.
designed for practical use rather than decoration
- The furniture is space-efficient and functional.
- Utilitarian furniture/building/clothing
sufficiently useful, important, good or valuable
- It might be worthwhile to hire a financial consultant.
- He is trying to choose a worthwhile career.