Beauty salon vocabulary
A place where beautician, hairdresser (also called hairstylist) or a masseur works to give people beauty treatment is called a beauty salon or beauty parlour (US beauty shop)
A place where barber works to cuts men’s hair and shave their beard is called a barber’s (US barbershop)
Beauty salon services can include:
a beauty treatment to make the skin of the face soft, smooth and bright with creams, lotions or face masks
- She did a facial for the dry flaky skin on my face.
a beauty treatment to make hands and fingernails healthy, soft and good-looking
a beauty treatment to make feet and toenails healthy, soft and good-looking
- She usually has a manicure and pedicure at home.
a beauty treatment that involves drying and shaping hair
- She had a cut and blow-dry.
to give your hair a new colour by using a substance
- She decided to dye her hair red.
to give hair a curved shape by using hair rollers or curling iron
- She is thinking of curling her hair.
to give your hair curl for a long time using chemicals. It is also known as ‘permanent wave’
- I had my hair permed yesterday.
a chemical treatment to give your hair curl for a long time
- My hair is naturally curly. I haven’t had a perm.
to wash your hair with shampoo [liquid for cleaning hair]
- She shampooed her hair after dyeing it.
to make hair straight by using a flat iron (also called straightener)
- She wants to straighten her curly hair.
to make hair tidy by cutting it
- I see she’s had her hair trimmed.
to use clean water in order to remove soap or dirt
- First rinse your hair thoroughly then apply conditioner.
to remove hair by using hot wax or wax strip
- She got her legs and armpits waxed at the salon.
List of tools used in beauty salon and barber’s
Great post. You make easy for me to select necessary things for my beauty. I like your post, It is beneficial for me. Find the full time beauty salon leeds service for your beauty.ReplyDelete
This blog website is pretty cool! How was it made ! Beauty TrainingReplyDelete