Here the tips to help you improve your English vocabulary
Find a comfortable place and begin to read
- Read one new book a week, and read several magazines, newspapers or endless online sources every day.
- Pay close attention to words that you don’t understand and use a dictionary to learn their meaning and usage.
- Create a list, write the new words with their meanings or translations and use them later.
- Reading will improve your memory, imagination, make you smarter, and expand your vocabulary.
Build your vocabulary
- Use word of the day websites to learn new words.
- Play with words: Boggle, scrabble or word puzzles are great ways to learn new words.
- Try to learn Latin and Greek roots of the words to understand the many other words that have the same root.
- Learn related words. For example: use, useful, useless, and usable. You can learn more words by using one word.
Let’s use new words
- Try to learn new words on your list by using them in sentences.
- Use simple memorization techniques such as flash cards or mnemonics.
- Find native speakers and use new words in conversation.
- Try to write an essay using the new words or about a word on your list.
Improve your vocabulary with VocabularyPage.com.
We offer you to improve and expand your vocabulary:
- Vocabulary topics with definitions and examples
- Idioms related to the topics
- List of phrasal verbs with definitions and examples
- List of synonyms
- List of most used words
- Word of the Day