Aviarya large cage for keeping birds in which the birds can fly. Aviary is also known as a flight cage.
a large building used for housing livestock and for storing crops:
- I want to convert this old barn into a home.
a hole or tunnel in the ground that an animal (such as a rabbit or mole) digs for habitation:
- Some birds make burrows in soft soils.
a structure made of bars, wires or mesh, used for housing animals or bird:
- I would like to see animals in their own environment, not in cages.
Coop (also hen house)
a small building for chickens:
- You should lock the coop to protect the chicken from foxes.
shelter of some types of wild animals (such as a lion and bear), liar:
- In autumn, bears look for a winter den.
the home of a tree squirrel:
a water-filled glass container in which water plants or animals are kept:
Beehive (also hive)
a container in which bees are kept:
- I think it’s dangerous to have a beehive in the backyard.
a wooden box with a wire front, for keeping small animals in, especially rabbits:
Kennel (US doghouse)
a small shelter for dogs:
- He made a dog house for his pups.
a hidden place where wild animals live or sleep:
a den of a beaver:
a shelter built by birds to lay their egg and protect their young from predators:
- Birds use twigs, grass, and leaves to build their nests.
a large aquarium in which sea creatures are displayed to the public:
a small fenced area for keeping livestock. A pen for keeping cattle or horses is called a corral. A set of pens for keeping farm animals is called a stockyard. A stockyard that is used to fatten farm animals is called a feedlot. A small pen for keeping one animal is called a stall.
a place such as a branch or a perch where birds sleep:
a den of a badger:
Web (also spider web)
a net created by a spider to trap insects:
- Spider web can be used for healing wounds.
a place in which wild animals are displayed to the public: